Saturday 29 September 2018

Relax and enjoy the campfire - Whimsy Stamps

Today I have had so much fun working with Penguin Campfire from Whimsy Stamps. I was so scared to work on this image - not the Copic Colouring of course, but the ink blending over the top to get the glare effect scared me.

I have never done anything like this before and one of my fellow Design Team Members from the Whimsy Digi Team did a card a few months ago which I remembered and I wanted to try and work on that effect.

To start with I resized the image and printed it using Brother Laser Printer using X-Press It Blending Cardstock. I then coloured the image using Copic Markers.

Once I had the image coloured up I cut it to size using my Fiskars Surecut Trimmer.



I used Ranger/Tim Holtz Mini Distress Ink with a Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool  and my glass media mat to blend the inks onto my image. I ran a Lawn Fawn Stitched Circle Die through my Sizzix Big Shot with a Full adhesive post it note to use as a mask as I could not find my masking paper. (You don't need to use a Stitched Circle, it was just what I had on my desk at the time)

I also used a few standard Post It Notes which I ripped up to help cover certain bits of my image, then I carefully blended the inks.



Once I had finished with the inks I used a Uni-ball Signo White Gel Pen to create the night sky. The sentiment was from MFT Stamps Boss Babe, I stamped it out using Misti Stamping Tool (Incase I needed to re-stamp it which I actually did end up doing so it was a nice crisp black stamping) and Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

Watch the You Tube Video Here


                      

Now onto the preparation of my card, I cut a patterned paper piece from The Craft Stall Mini Stack, I then cut a purple layer from American Crafts Cardstock. I adhered the layers together using Scotch ATG then added them to a Twiddleybitz Card Base.

I was so worried I would end up ruining the image that took me ages to colour in between personal life stuff...but if I do say so myself I rocked it and had so much fun pulling it off.

Copic Marker lists are now in the links below, let me know your thoughts on my new layout using LinkDeli.

I hope you have enjoyed my post today, if you have any questions feel free to send me a message or contact me via facebook (all links can be found below, they are clickable picture links).




Copic Markers Used
C6, C8, C10
W1, W4
YR15, YR16
N0, N2, N4, 0, R20
E25, E27, E29
R35, R56, R59
YR12, YR68, YR27
G03, G09

Thanks for stopping by, Deni

You can find my cards for sale here
https://www.facebook.com/angelhandmadepapercraft

My You Tube Here
https://www.youtube.com/c/AngelHandmadePapercraft/

Instagram Here
http://instagram/angelhandmadepapercraft

Pinterest Here
https://www.pinterest.com.au/DeniAngelHandmade/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for stopping by, your comments mean a lot to me and I look forward to reading them :-)

Deni