Wednesday 1 August 2018

Whimsy Stamps - There's a three in the tree

Can you guys believe it's August already! We know what that means! It's New Release time at Whimsy Stamps! The team has been working so hard this month getting out all of our fabulous projects.

I was lucky enough to work with King Lion, and omg I fell in love with him as soon as I seen him, colouring Mane's is like colouring bliss :-) I used Copic Markers on my card today (but I have it in my mind to try and do it another day with pencils and get some practice in).


I coloured the Lion's Mane and tail up first because I was so excited to see the way it turned out. I then worked on his body and the crown.




When I was done colouring I cut the image down using my Cutterpillar Pro and began working on the card.

I used Francheville Kraft Cardstock as my bottom layer and I ran a My Favorite Things Border die through my Sizzix Big Shot to use later on. I then cut the next layer using American Crafts White Card Stock, then the next layer is Kaisercraft Cheddar Card Stock.

Watch my process here :-)



I then started cutting the patterned paper layers, I used leftover pieces from my draw for the patterns - I love this as it helps me use up everything in my craft room. I grabbed a doily from my personal stash, and cut another strip of the patterned paper however this time I used the reverse side.

I adhered the border strip to the left hand side. I used Scotch 3M ATG for all the big areas and Tombow Mono multi for the doily (don't use tape runner as it causes it to rip).

Finally I added X-Press it foam mounting tape to the back of the image and adhered it to the other layers. I cut the number 3 from My Favorite Things Little Numbers using a piece leftover from the Kraft cardstock. I adhered it using American Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive.

I used the number 3 because my Step Daughter Abbey asked if I could make her a card later on in the year for her half Brother (not my husbands). I told her to wait til later in the year but when I seen this image I knew what I wanted to use it for.

The card still didn't feel finished.. I was tempted to add Nuvo Drops (hehe I use them on everything lately) I decided to grab a My Favorite Things Grassy Fields die and run it through my Sizzix Big Shot with some leftover Mondi Color Copy 250GSM. I adhered it using a little American Tombow Mono Multi liquid Adhesive.

That was it the card was finished and perfect and I have a happy little girl :-)

Copic Markers Used

YR21, YR24, YR27
R05, R35, R37
E30, E31, E35, E37

Products Used On This Card

X-Press it Foam Mounting Tape
American Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive
EK Success Cuterbee Scissors
Francheville Kraft Cardstock
Twiddleybitz Card Base
Mondi Color Copy 250GSM
Scotch 3M ATG
My Favorite Things Grassy Fields
My Favorite Things Border Die
My Favorite Things Little Numbers
Copic Markers
Doily-Stash
American Crafts Cardstock
Kaisercraft Cheddar Cardstock

I hope you have enjoyed my post today, if you have any questions feel free to send me a message or contact me via facebook (all links can be found below).




Thanks for stopping by, Deni

You can find my cards for sale here
https://www.facebook.com/angelhandmadepapercraft

My You Tube Here
https://www.youtube.com/user/Denielle1983/

You Tube Here
https://www.youtube.com/user/Denielle1983/
Instagram Here
http://instagram/angelhandmadepapercraft

Pinterest Here
https://www.pinterest.com.au/DeniAngelHandmade/

1 comment:

  1. Oh Deni, this is awesome hunny! Love watching you in process!! Such a gorgeous image and you've utterly nailed that mane! Bet your daughter was chuffed to bits! Stunner hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for stopping by, your comments mean a lot to me and I look forward to reading them :-)

Deni