Saturday 19 May 2018

Whimsy Stamps - Sick? Ick!

Let's just start with how much fun I had making this card!

I absolutely love this image from Crissy Armstrong called Penguin Doctor, he is so adorable and being that I work in the medical field I loved him just that bit more. But on this card today my Penguin is a Female Doctor.

Penguin Doctor Cute - Digital Stamp



I started off by using a stencil and some Texture Paste and a stencil I had in my drawer from My Favorite Things, which I have now put in that safe place in my craft room and can't find it lol (yes it was cleaned). I don't use stencils very often.. actually very very rarely would be more accurate.. just another thing I like to hoard.. but I do like to bring them out when the cob webs start on them heheh.

Not only did I use a stencil and texture paste but I also pulled out my Pastel Gliders... they are pretty much a Gelato but just a cheaper version of them.. again something i've had in my drawer for a very long time and never use. I carefully scraped a little into my texture paste and mixed it all together to turn it the blue colour you see on my card.

I left it for hours to dry while I worked on the rest of my card then went back and ran the image through my Sizzix Big Shot using a Lawn Fawn Stitched Circles die.. just make sure the texture paste is really dry or you will ruin it all running it through.

I cut some layers of car stock from Canson and some from American Crafts, on the largest white piece I used a sentiment set from My Favorite Things called Feel Better to stamp some of the words out all over. I didn't end up showing as much of the wording as I had originally planned, but it still looked ok. I used Memento Tuxedo Black and a Lawn Fawn Acrylic Block.

I adhered all the layers using Scotch ATG, but added some Scotch Foam Tape behind that largest white layer to bring it off the page a little.

I stamped the "Sick? Ick!" Sentiment onto a strip of leftover white card stock using Memento Tuxedo Black. I found a hugs die I had in my stash and ran that through my Big Shot using some Black Canson Cardstock. The card still needed something else at this stage, I then realised I had purchased the Bandaid dies from My Favorite Things and figured that would be perfect to finish off my card. I ran the die through my Big Shot a few times until I got all the pieces in all the colours I was wanting. I adhered it all together using Tombow Mono Multi and added it to my card. I also added some Wink Of Stella Clear Glitter Brush. Perfect my card was then finished.. oh no.. of course I finished off the inside of my card also :-)

Products Used On This Card

Memento Tuxedo Black
Scotch ATG
Scotch Foam Mounting Tape
Uni-ball Signo White Angelic Gel Pen
Wink Of Stella - Clear Glitter Brush
Tombow Mono Multi
Lawn Fawn Acrylic Block
Sizzix Big Shot
My Favorite Things Bandaids Dies
My Favorite Things Feel Better
My Favorite Things Sending Hugs
Lawn Fawn Stitched Circles Dies
Mont Marte Texture Paste
Mont Marte Pastel Gliders - Silky Smooth
Twiddleybitz Card Base
EK Success - Cutterbee Scissors

Copic Markers Used

R83, R85
YR65, YR24, YR04
B01, B02, B04
R05, R27, R59
C2, C4, 0
C6, C8, C10

I hope you have enjoyed my post today, if you have any questions feel free to send me a message or contact me via facebook (all links can be found below).




Thanks for stopping by, Deni

You can find my cards for sale here
https://www.facebook.com/angelhandmadepapercraft

My You Tube Here
https://www.youtube.com/user/Denielle1983/

My Blogs Here
Angel Handmade Papercraft http://angelhandmadepapercraft.blogspot.com.au/

Auzz Trinklets N Crafts http://auzztrinkletsnkrafts.blogspot.com.au/

Whimsy Stamps https://whimsystamps.blogspot.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for stopping by, your comments mean a lot to me and I look forward to reading them :-)

Deni