Friday 18 May 2018

Whimsy Stamps Challenge May 2018

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm a little late in posting but wanted to share with you guys the card I created for the May 2018 Challenge over at Whimsy Stamps. You can check out the current challenge here and the shop here.

I have used a rubber stamp this month - Penguin Bride and Groom, this stamp just drew me in and i've been hanging to use it :-) At the time of this posting, the stamp is also on sale so jump on it quick.. you need it..

Penguin Bride and Groom 

I stamped the image using Memento Tuxedo Black onto Mondi Color Copy 250GSM, I then coloured the image up using Copic Markers, I don't have a list of them today as I was in my own little world colouring this one up and had put them away before I wrote them down. I ran the image through my Crafter's Companion Gemini using a My Favorite Things Stitched Circle Die.

The patterned papers I was using came from a 6x6 Paper Pad Called Love Notes from Crate Paper. I actually use this paper pad a lot and it's almost finished, and this is why when I buy a new paper pad I try to purchase more than one lol.

I cut the patterned paper layer using Cutterpillar Pro, I cut the banner from the same patterned paper using My Favorite Things Stitched Fishtail Flags Stax die which I ran through my Crafter's Companion Gemini. I adhered the flag off centre onto the first paper sheet I cut then trimmed the excess from the top using EK Success Cutterbee Scissors. I adhered using Scotch ATG.

I grabbed a doily from my stash, not sure of brands I have had them for a very long time, and adhered that over the tops of the banner and completely centre. I had a strip of the arrow paper inside my paper pad (I normally pop all the leftovers back into the paper pad never know when you may need something to finish a card off) which I adhered to the centre of the doily.

Next I grabbed the image I had already die cut and used some Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive to adhere it down to the doily and the strip.

Lastly I found a page in my paper pad with cut sentiments on it so I carefully used my EK Success Cutterbee scissors and fussy cut the "Remember This" sentiment and the "You Make My Heart Sing" Sentiment. I popped the larger sentiment onto some Scotch 3M Foam Mounting Tape and adhered it to the left hand side of my image. The smaller sentiment I just used some of the Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive to adhere it. I used my Tonic Tim Holts Guillotine to do the cutting of the smaller pieces. I normally switch between my Guillotine and my Cutterpillar Pro depending on what I'm doing.

Once everything was done I applied Scotch ATG to the back and adhered it to a Twiddleybitz Pre-Made card base.


Products Used On This Card

EK Success Cutterbee Scissors
Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive
Scotch 3m ATG
Scotch 3M Foam Mounting Tape
My Favorite Things Stitched Fishtail Flags Stax
My Favorite Things Stitched Circles
Crate Paper - Love Notes 6x6
Doily - Stash
Twiddleybitz Cardbase
Tim Holtz Tonic Guillotine
Crafter's Companion - Gemini
Cutterpillar Pro



I hope you have enjoyed my post today, if you have any questions feel free to send me a message or contact me via facebook (all links can be found below).




Thanks for stopping by, Deni

You can find my cards for sale here
https://www.facebook.com/angelhandmadepapercraft

My You Tube Here
https://www.youtube.com/user/Denielle1983/

My Blogs Here
Angel Handmade Papercraft http://angelhandmadepapercraft.blogspot.com.au/

Auzz Trinklets N Crafts http://auzztrinkletsnkrafts.blogspot.com.au/

Whimsy Stamps https://whimsystamps.blogspot.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for stopping by, your comments mean a lot to me and I look forward to reading them :-)

Deni