Monday 16 July 2018

Whimsy Stamps - Don't Peek for Elves only

Don't Peek!

OK you can peek now, I am working with Whimsy Stamps Rubber Stamp Don't Peek Elf by Krista Heij-Barber, it is an older one of their stamps but one that is still available in the shop, so I wanted to share some of my creations with it.

We have just started a new Challenge over at our blog Whimsy Stamps Inspires and we are all so excited to share our projects with you.




Today I have created a Gift Tag and two book marks, I have done a video recording of the colouring and the creating process of the tag. This is such a cute image for Christmas cards and other Christmas projects.

Here is the You Tube Video of the colouring and making of the Gift Tag. You can click the video below to watch, i'd appreciate if you Subscribe to my channel and if you like my video hit like. If you feel comfortable please leave a comment and let me know what you think.


I stamped the images and sentiments onto Mondi Color Copy 250GSM using Memento Tuxedo Black using my Misti Stamping Tool.

I coloured the images up using Copic Markers, then I ran the dies through my Sizzix Big Shot using My Favorite Things Stitched Traditional Tag Stax, and My Favorite Things Tall Tag Duo. Then I ran them all through a second time with some patterned papers and some plain cardstock from Kaisercraft for the others to create the backings so you can't see the Copic through.

On the Bookmarks I coloured the sentiments using "at you spica" pens in Red, Gold and Melon, they are all glittery and gorgeous and I love them, I keep them stored in my Copic bag but always forget that I have them, even though they've been in my stash just as long as what my Copic Markers have been.

For the tag I ran My Favorite Things Peaceful words dies through the Big Shot, I then ran the Peaceful word through my Xyron 1.5" Sticker Maker, I placed this onto my tag then decided I wanted to use the word Greetings instead. Just used the cut out backing layed it onto my tag and popped some American Tombow Mono Multi into the inside and layed the die cut back in and carefully removed the cut out piece. This worked a lot better I think.

Next up I added Tonic Studios Nuvo Crystal Drops, I used Berry, Bottle Green and Morning Dew, I had a lot of stuff ups with these.. I should really learn to add these as a last thing and leave them well alone and far far away from where I am working because I always end up stuffing them up in some way. Todays blunder was my twine that I added later on dragged through them, I bumped some etc and had to carefully use my scissors to take them off and redo them lol. Lucky nobody can really notice now. But I certainly have a laugh at myself every time I use them because I know what I am like.



I adhered the backing pieces onto the tag and bookmarks using American Tombow Mono Multi Liquid adhesive so I could make sure that I got them lined up perfectly, liquid adhesive gives you that few seconds of give before it's permanent to be able to adjust.

Once the backing pieces were all on I grabbed my single hand punch and punched a hole through the top. I added Twine to the tag - I used Whimsy Farm Twine (that I have had in my stash since like forever, ive been hoarding it haha, I have some other colours also) in Tabitha colours to tie through the top, then grabbed some silver twine from my stash to tie a bow around it. For the bookmarks i used Ribbon through the top because the holes are so much bigger I prefer ribbon, I again used the same silver twine to tie bows around the tops.

Copic Markers Used

Skin Ell, E13, E15, R21
Hair E55, E59

R05, R35, R37, R39
G43, G46
YR21, YR23, YR24, YR27
C8, C10
T0, T3, 0
W1, W4, 0

Products Used On This Card

My Favorite Things Tall Tag Duo
My Favorite Things Traditional Tag Stax
Whimsy Farm Twine - Tabitha
My Favorite Things - Peaceful Words Die-namics
EK Success Cutterbee Scissors
Tonic Studios Nuvo Crystal Drops - Morning Dew, Red Berry, Bottle Green
Kaisercraft Card Stock
Uni-ball Signo White Gel Pen
Single hole hand punch
Tsukinedo Memento Tuxedo Black
American Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive
Too Marker Productions - at you spica - Red, Gold, Melon
Misti Stamping Tool
Cutterpillar Pro
Mondi Color Copy 250GSM
Xyron 1.5" Sticker Maker
Copic Markers
Sizzix Big Shot 

I hope you have enjoyed my post today, if you have any questions feel free to send me a message or contact me via facebook (all links can be found below).




Thanks for stopping by, Deni

You can find my cards for sale here
https://www.facebook.com/angelhandmadepapercraft

My You Tube Here
https://www.youtube.com/user/Denielle1983/

You Tube Here
https://www.youtube.com/user/Denielle1983/
Instagram Here
http://instagram/angelhandmadepapercraft

Pinterest Here
https://www.pinterest.com.au/DeniAngelHandmade/

SaveSave

1 comment:

Thankyou for stopping by, your comments mean a lot to me and I look forward to reading them :-)

Deni