Wednesday 11 July 2018

Heartcraft Paper DT - Wesley and the Wizarding Sentiments



Good Morning,

Today I am sharing with you some Inspiration for Heartcraft Paper. This week I am using an image called "Wesley" and "Wizarding Sentiments". You can find more of the July new releases at the shop here. We currently have a challenge going on the blog also which we would love for you to come and join in, you can find the Challenge here.

I printed the image out onto Mondi Color Copy 250GSM using my Brother Laser Printer, this is my go to paper for Copic Markers and I always print laser as it doesn't affect my markers.

I cut the image to the size I was after using my Cutterpillar Pro Trimmer, I love this baby.. it's huge so it doesn't sit on my desk (I have a table behind me where he sits) but it is the best trimmer I have found.

The sentiment was also trimmed to size then I used my EK Success Cutterbee scissors to banner one end of it.



Next I went looking for papers, I decided to go through my tray of  bits and pieces from other projects etc to find some out of this world type papers, I kind of had an idea of what I was after, just something a little different.

I found Nettie Cakes from We R Memory Keepers and At the Beach Collection Boardwalk from Paper Heart Studio. Ignore the names it was more about the patterns. They were just the craziness I was looking for.

I cut a pice of American Crafts Black Card Stock for the bottom mat layer, then some olive green type colour which was in my leftovers tray for the next layer up.

I adhered those together using Scotch 3M ATG, this is my go to Tape Runner. I am also part of a Tape Club for that so I get a package every month with my tape so I never run out.

 Scotch ATG Tape Club

I cut one piece from each of the patterned papers I had chosen, I adhered the first piece straight to the centre of the green, the second piece I layered over the top off centre then used my EK Success Cutterbee Scissors to cut the excess off that was hanging off the sides.



I coloured the image up using Copic Markers, this is usually my go to Medium as I am most comfortable with them.

I used E000, E00, E21, E11, E04 for the Skin, then added a light cheek using R20. His hair was coloured using E55, E57, E59.
I coloured the grey areas next using C3, C5, the Black areas were also coloured using Grey Markers - I used C7, C8, C10 for those. next I coloured his tan pants using E41, E42, E43. The reason I started with all the light areas is Red has a tendency to bleed so I wanted to make sure I didn't accidentally drag any of that throughout the image.
For the red areas I used R35 R37, R39, this is usually my go to blends for all the colours I have used, I am a creature of habit and don't like moving out of my comfort zone haha.

Finally I adhered the image down to the patterned papers using Scotch 3M ATG, and the sentiment was also adhered the same, I just used my EK Success Cutterbee Scissors to cut the edge off. Everything was then attached to a Pre -Made Twiddleybitz Card Base.

Here is the end result :-)




I hope you have enjoyed my post today, if you have any questions feel free to send me a message or contact me via facebook (all links can be found below).




Thanks for stopping by, Deni

You can find my cards for sale here
https://www.facebook.com/angelhandmadepapercraft

My You Tube Here
https://www.youtube.com/user/Denielle1983/

Instagram Here
http://instagram/angelhandmadepapercraft

Pinterest Here
https://www.pinterest.com.au/DeniAngelHandmade/

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

1 comment:

  1. WOW, wunderschöne Karte, bin ganz begeistert
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for stopping by, your comments mean a lot to me and I look forward to reading them :-)

Deni