Saturday 2 June 2018

Whimsy Stamps - Make A Splash Ducky

Welcome to Day 2 of New Releases over at Whimsy Stamps, today I am playing with Make A Splash Duck.

This is such an adorable image and I was super excited to play with it, I even had somewhat of a design in my head already of what I was going to do with it.

                                                                  Make a Splash Duck - Digital Stamp
I started off by printing the image onto Mondi Color Copy 250GSM using Brother Laser Printer.



I used Copic Markers to colour up the image (silly me should have done all my ink blending first but of course I do everything backwards).

Once I coloured up the image I decided I would do some ink blending with a stencil to create the clouds.

I was on a tight frame with time which I seem to be doing a lot lately so I thought I would be smart and just use some Post It notes to create a mask (instead of doing it properly i just tore them carefully and moved them around to cover what I needed), this as I found out was not the best of ideas. I used my new MFT Mini Cloud Edges Stencil.

I grabbed one of my new Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Oxide Inks in the Broken China colour and a Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool and started blending. Firstly I started leaving blending marks everywhere.. ahhh.. then I blended over the post it notes but ended up with edge lines ... it really just wasn't working for me hahah.. gotta love those days.

I ended up making it work but I wasn't overly happy with the blending still.. I did my best and you know what now that I look at it I don't mind so much :-)

I used Honey Bee Stamps - Love Bug Sentiments to create the sentiment around my image. I stamped them using Memento Tuxedo Black and lined them up on my grid mat then popped them onto a Lawn Fawn Acrylic Block.

I cut the image out on my Sizzix Big Shot using a Lawn Fawn Stitched Circle Die. I then grabbed some patterned papers from Amy Locurto Party - Pebbles 6x6 Collection. I created banners using some of the leftover pieces I had from the pad.

All the paper layers were cut using Cutterpillar Pro and adhered using both Scotch ATG for the larger sections and American Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive for the smaller sections.

Products Used On This Card

Copic Markers
Whimsy Stamps Make A Splash Duck
Scotch 3M ATG
Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Oxide - Broken China
Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
Lawn Fawn Stitched Circle Die
Honey Bee Stamps - Love Bug
Memento Tuxedo Black
MFT Mini Cloud Edges
Mondi Color Copy 250GSM
Party with Amy Locurto - Rainbow 6x6
Twiddleybitz Card Base
Cutterpillar Pro
EK Success Cutterbee Scissors

Copic Markers Used

B12, B14, B16
B0000, B000, B00
YG05, YG07, YG09
E23, E25, E27
Y11, Y13, Y15
Y17, Y19, Y38
R20




I hope you have enjoyed my post today, if you have any questions feel free to send me a message or contact me via facebook (all links can be found below).




Thanks for stopping by, Deni

You can find my cards for sale here
https://www.facebook.com/angelhandmadepapercraft

My You Tube Here
https://www.youtube.com/user/Denielle1983/

My Blogs Here
Angel Handmade Papercraft http://angelhandmadepapercraft.blogspot.com.au/

Auzz Trinklets N Crafts http://auzztrinkletsnkrafts.blogspot.com.au/

Whimsy Stamps https://whimsystamps.blogspot.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for stopping by, your comments mean a lot to me and I look forward to reading them :-)

Deni