Saturday 2 December 2017

Week 1 Day 1 New Release Whimsy Design Team

Hi Everyone,

Today I am super excited to share with you guys that I have been asked to join the Whimsy Stamps Digital Design Team. I absolutely love Whimsy Stamps so of course I had to say yes.

I am just getting back into my designing again after my Fiancé and I moving in together for the first time before we get married. So as you can imagine things here have been pretty hectic.

Today I have used an image from Whimsy Stamps called "Penguin Carolers" It was certainly a gorgeous stamp to colour.. I must say I am a little bias as I love all the Whimsy Penguin Images/Stamps. The Sentiment is from Christmas Wish Sentiments set.

I have coloured the image up using Copic Markers, I printed it using my Brother laser printer (first time printing on laser, I purchased it not long before we decided to move so didn't even open the box up). I really like the cleanliness of the print and of course that it is Copic safe.



The Copic Markers I have used on the image are as follows..

Music Sheets E50, E51, E53, E55
Scarves & Ear Muffs B02, B04, B06
Beanies R35, R37, R89 (I would have used R39 however it is bone dry and I need to order a refill)
Penguins YR02, YR04, YR09
                T6, T8, T10
                 C2, 0 Colourless Blender, R20 for cheeks

I printed the image/Sentiment on Mondi Color Copy 250GSM.

I blended the background of the sentiment using Tim Holtz Ranger Mini Distress ink Tumbled Glass, I then cut it from an old Whimsy Die I have here called Slider 3 Die.

After colouring the image up I ran it through my Sizzx Big Shot using Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Dies. I added Clear Wink Of Stella to the Ear Muffs and the white sections of the beanies.

I thought the image still needed a little more bling so I added Uniball Signo Noble Metal - Silver onto the scarves for some added detail.

I cut a mat of Glitter blue cardstock from my stash and a sheet from Kaisercraft Silver Bells 6.5" Paper Pad. I also added a leftover strip of the glitter card on top of the patterned papers. I adhered these together using Scotch ATG then added them to a pre-made card base from Twiddleybitz.
I added the die cut penguins to layers using Scotch ATG and the sentiment using Scotch Foam Tape.



I hope you have enjoyed my post today using images from Whimsy Stamps, if you have any questions feel free to send me a message or contact me via facebook (all links can be found below).




Thanks for stopping by, Deni

You Can find my cards for sale here

My You Tube Here

My Blogs

Angel Handmade Papercraft

Auzz Trinklets N Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for stopping by, your comments mean a lot to me and I look forward to reading them :-)

Deni