Saturday 10 March 2018

Whimsy Stamps DT - Dream Big, Fly High

Hi Everyone,

Today I am lucky enough to be sharing a card for Whimsy Stamps using "Penguin Flies". I thought this image would look cute flying through the sky so that was my inspiration for my card today.

Penguin Flies - Digital Stamp


I Printed the image using my Brother Laser Printer onto Mondi Color Copy 250GSM card, I then coloured the image up using Copic Markers.



My plan was to tip the image onto the side so it looked like it was flying, I thought the Stitched Wonky Circle Dies from My Favorite Things would help set the image off. So I grabbed the right size circle die and carefully traced it using a lead pencil so I could work out where the balloons would stick out.

I then used my Cutterbee scissors from EK Success to carefully cut the top of the balloons out. Once I did this I erased all the pencil lines and laid the die back over. I adhered the die to the image using some Washi tape, then popped the balloons up and over the die so they wouldn't get cut off when I ran it through my Big Shot.

I ran the image through my Sizzix Big Shot and it turned out exactly as I had imagined it to. I ran the Puffy Cloud die from My Favorite Things through also to create some clouds for my card. I then used the negative piece as a stencil and some Time Holtz Ranger Mini Distress Ink to create the clouds around my image. (I don't own a cloud stencil hence why I did it this way).

I added the sentiment using Lawn Fawn Acrylic Block and Memento Tuxedo Black, the sentiment is from My Favorite Things Adorable Elephants.

Patterned papers are from Pebbles Party with Amy Locurto Poolside Collection.

Everything was adhered onto my card using a mixture of Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive and Scotch ATG. Everything was cut using Cutterpillar Pro.

I added some Wink Of Stella Clear Glitter Brush onto the balloons just to bring them off the page a little bit.

Products Used On The Card

Memento Tuxedo Black
Lawn Fawn Acrylic Block
Wink Of Stella - Clear Acrylic Brush
EK Success - Cutterbee Scissors
Cutterpillar Pro
Scotch ATG
Twiddleybitz Cardbase
My Favorite Things - Adorable Elephants
Pebbles- Party with Amy Locurto - Poolside Collection
My Favorite Things - Wonky Stitched Circles
Ranger Distress Ink
American Crafts Cardstock


I hope you have enjoyed my post today, if you have any questions feel free to send me a message or contact me via facebook (all links can be found below).




Thanks for stopping by, Deni

You can find my cards for sale here
https://www.facebook.com/angelhandmadepapercraft

My You Tube Here
https://www.youtube.com/user/Denielle1983/

My Blogs Here
Angel Handmade Papercraft http://angelhandmadepapercraft.blogspot.com.au/

Auzz Trinklets N Crafts http://auzztrinkletsnkrafts.blogspot.com.au/

Whimsy Stamps https://whimsystamps.blogspot.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for stopping by, your comments mean a lot to me and I look forward to reading them :-)

Deni