Thursday 18 June 2015

Auzz Trinklets N Krafts - Make It A Card Thursday - Wise Ol' Dad

Hi Everyone!

A bit of a later in the week post from me this week. Today is a miserable wet day here so I did a few quick errands this morning hoping there wouldn't be many people out. I wasn't out for very long, by the time I was finished it felt like everyone had arrived.. that was good timing :-)

It is Make It A Card Thursday over at Auzz Trinklets N Krafts, unfortunately I have had to cut down on these lately due to time restrictions however I didn't get a post done on Tuesday this week.

Yesterday I created this card using a new stamp of mine - Daddy Owl by Dare 2B Artzy. I have never purchased this brand before and must say I am quite impressed. It is a clear stamp set and stamped perfect first go.. normally you have to stamp them a few times to prime them up, even the sentiments were perfect first time. I used Memento Tuxedo Black with this set.





I have stamped the images on X-Press it Blending Card using the Memento ink, I then cleaned the stamps using my Hero Arts Clear Design Scrubber Pad, these are available to purchase with the Ultra Clear Spray from Auzz Trinklets N Krafts.

I have coloured the owl using Copic Markers and added some extra details using my Uniball Signo White Gel Pen. (a tip I recently heard about was to use the pen on your hand before the paper, this will warm the ink and allow it to flow more freely).

I have used papers from Kaisercraft Timeless Collection, including the clock which I have cut out on the left hand side of the card. I have matted the papers using American Crafts Cardstocks and inked them up using My Ranger Mini Ink Blender Tools and Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Mini Ink Pads - Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain.

The Card base is from Twiddleybitz. I have also added a chipboard tree looking design from 2Crafty. I have used the Distress Inks on this aswell so it would blend into my background. I have used Kaisercraft Foam Mounting Tape on the owl aswell as the sentiment.

The stamps I have used around the outside of the owl are from Tim Holtz Euro Elements Stamp Set. Everything has been cut using my new Stampin Up Trimmer (with rotary arm), I am loving my new trimmer!! I was a little worried to begin with spending this kind of money on another trimmer after just recently purchasing the Cutterpillar Pro, but I am pretty happy. You may ask why I have purchased another trimmer.. the Cutterpillar Pro is awesome.. however it is too big for my desk. I currently have it on the table in the centre of my room for bigger projects and when I am working over there. I would definitely recommend it if you are looking at a new trimmer.

Oh, one last thing, everything is stuck down using my Scotch ATG, best thing ever for adhesives, I still use my Tombow Mono Multi for smaller pieces like the Chipboard Tree thing.

Copic Markers Used

E53, E55, E57, E59
B93, B95, B97, B99
E11, E13
R12, R14, R17

I hope you have enjoyed my post today, if you have any questions feel free to send me a message or contact me via facebook (all links can be found below).




Thanks for stopping by,

Glitter Text @ Glitterfy.com

You Can find my cards for sale here https://www.facebook.com/Angelscrapbookgoodies

My Blogs

http://angelscrapbookgoodies.blogspot.com.au/

http://auzztrinkletsnkrafts.blogspot.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for stopping by, your comments mean a lot to me and I look forward to reading them :-)

Deni